Bluefield, Virginia’s Community Garden is underway! It is located on Walnut Street behind the First United Methodist Church. The garden will use straw bales and family plots are available for a low price of $10! Click the Link to download your registration form.
COMMUNITY GARDEN WORK DAY – Friday May 6th starting at 8 am
FIRST PLANTING DAY – May 20th
Visit the Treasurer’s Office at 427 Virginia Ave, Bluefield, VA 24605 to reserve your gardening plot.
What Your $10 Gets You
- 5 Conditioned straw bales ready to plant.
- Irrigation system with a timer so you will not need to worry about watering
- Trellis system for your climbing plants
- Graveled garden area with week cloth underneath
- Assistance from the farmer’s market manager (available on Fridays during Farmer’s market hours – other times will be announces as they become available)
- Fence to deter animals from entering the garden area
- Access to the storage shed that will have basic tools to assist you with your garden.