Parks and Recreation
276-322-4626 ext. 1002
To rent a shelter or the amphitheater at Graham Recreation Park please contact:
276-322-4626 ext 1010
For questions concerning Harmony Acres Pool call: 276-322-3673
Get more details and upcoming events, visit our Facebook page at the link below:
Bluefield VA Parks and Recreation
Now hiring a Recreational Director for Fincastle
FULL-TIME RECREATION DIRECTOR AT FINCASTLE MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE
As Recreation Director at Fincastle Municipal Golf Course, you will play a key role in overseeing and enhancing the recreational experience for our members and guests. This multifaceted role involves managing the golf operations, implementing IT solutions, and spearheading marketing initiatives to promote all recreational aspects of Fincastle.GOLF OPERATIONS
1. PRO SHOP MANAGEMENT
- Supervise and lead the pro shop staff
- Ensure a seamless and customer-friendly experience for golfers.
- Oversee inventory management and merchandise selection.
- Coordinate golf course maintenance and improvements.
- Schedule and manage golf events and tournaments.
- Schedule tee times efficiently, considering course capacity and golfer preferences.
1. Technology Infrastructure
- Assess and implement IT solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Oversee the maintenance of hardware and software systems.
- Manage and optimize Fore-Up POS system, tee time and restaurant reservation systems, and other relevant software applications.
- Implement and maintain robust data security protocols.
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of member and guest information.
1. BRAND PROMOTION
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to promote the brand of the golf course.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create engineering promotional materials.
- Manage the golf course and restaurant website and social media profiles.
- Implement SEO strategies to increase online visibility.
- Coordinate marketing efforts for golf events, restaurant specials and bar promotions.
- Plan and execute marketing promotions, events, and campaigns to attract and retain customers.
1. BUDGETING AND FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and manage budgets.
- Monitor financial performance and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Implement pricing strategies to maximize profitability while remaining competitive.
- Recruit, train, and lead a cohesive team.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation Management, Business, Marketing or Information Technology.
- Proven experience in golf operations, IT management, and marketing.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.